Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wrap up of Week 5

I spent a lot of time on the electronic journal this week. I made seven posts. Those posts included an update on the rocky start for Google+. They should be sensitive to this feedback because they have not had a lot of success with their previous excursions into social networking. I also really enjoyed the prompt for this week's discussion on copyright, authorship and public domain. I dug up a few good articles and gave my personal views on the matter. I come down on more items in the public domain because I think it makes for a more productive and vibrant society. I also noted in two other posts how one government (China) was being held accountable through social networking tools by its "netizens" and how another government entity (Seattle Police Department) was using social networking (Twitter) to be more transparent in their operations.
I also made 6-7 posts on others journals. I had been lurking all along and decided it was time I participated in a few.
Finally, I found time to complete the reading assignments and do a lot of work on my book chapter. Sadly, I merely lurked on the blackboard discussions this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment